Friday 14 March 2008

Sleepless nights


Is could possibly be the most annoying thing to happen in the world. Nicely tucked up in bed been asleep for an hour or two then all of a sudden you need the toilet (I find this is made a lot worse when it is cold outside. The colder it is the longer the walk to the toilet is) or someone or something wakes you up. Not too bad you’re thinking then you try to get back to sleep and it just doesn’t happen. I find once I’m up I’m up not of’s or but’s I just cant get back to sleep. It happened a couple if nights ago, one of my ever so friendly housemates decided to get me up once he had finished work at a pub. So after a couple of hours of drunken chat he decided I was allowed to go back to bed because he was tired (nice of him I know). So clambered back into bed and no matter what I tried it just wasn’t happening I was left to see the rest of the night out brilliant!

What seems to make it worse is the fact the next days or if you’re even unluckier for the next couple of days you will be tired and just want to sleep all the time. Why would your body do this to you? It actually makes no sense. Why on some nights is it so easy to fall asleep? Could it be the mind playing tricks on you or the fact you just fancy torturing yourself for a little bit.

I feel incredibly sorry for anyone who would suffers from insomnia. Taking a quote from the Fightclub, “when you have insomnia you are never really awake or asleep”. Probably the worst thing in an insomnia sufferer’s life is actually having to go to bed, you wouldn’t really want to wish that upon anyone, as sleeping is fantastic you cant beat it, so why would something no-one can really explain take it away?

No comments: