Wednesday 12 March 2008

Idiots at the cinema

I am not a fan of going to the cinema often. I go on the odd occassion but never enough to make a person who is into films. There's a reason why. There are some many idiots who actually go there and make everyone else's viewing of a film annoyingly frustrating.

Last month I went to see Juno at the Odeon in Guildford on Valentine's Day (me and my ladyfriend both hate the commercial side of the day but we felt like we had to do something rather than nothing). The film was good and it would have been a near-perfect viewing had it not been for a group of chavs. These morons were using their phones to take pictures off each other, whispering loudly and every 10 minutes or so, two of these chavs would leave the row meaning that our time was spent playing a mindboggling game of Sit Down, Stand Up.

And yesterday, I went to see the Muse DVD at the Vue cinema in Fulham with a group of friends. Again, I enjoyed the actual film. I just got a bit bemused and a bit pissed off at some of the antics. During the second song of the concert, this middle-aged man, clearly experiencing some sort of mid-life crisis, decided to get out of his seat and air guitar right in the middle of the floor. What an absolute tool! I did wonder at that point if he had stumbled into the wrong film with 3D glasses hoping to see U23D.

Also, alcohol in the cinema is a bad idea. In the row in front of us were these two women (also experiencing what looks like a mid-life crisis) who kept shouting loudly and cheering towards the second half of the film. I really wanted someone to chuck them out because they were just pissing me off no end.

And also, come to think of it, some other people are bizzare. One person brought in a bloody laptop! And not just any laptop, a dirty Macbook! He was told to put it away but it boggles me why, whilst watching a film, you would feel the need to actually use a laptop. The cinema staff also chucked out a couple of people for recording it. I find it bizzare that, even though you can buy the DVD in less than a week and it will all be up on YouTube following the release anyway, people still feel like they need to record it. At least for a music film anyway.

I think I'm sticking to DVDs at home for the forseeable future.

No comments: