Tuesday 11 March 2008

Put your health first

I recently had a doctor’s appointment and felt more ill when I left that place to be honest. I went in with a minor complaint, which has been bothering me for a while now. I described all the symptoms to this particular doctor and they pretty much stared back at me blankly. The week before that a trainee doctor was sitting in on these short sessions. Described my symptoms to her and she had no clue of what was going on. The senior doctor baffled on for a bit before coming to a half-hearted conclusion. All I seem to get is rest it. I have rested it but yet it persists. Thanks a lot, you sit there and count your money and I will just carry on in pain.

Another appointment concerning some antibiotics which were clearly not working. I arrived to the surgery on time waiting to be seen by the doctor. The doctor finally calls me in (about forty-five minutes after my set time). I sit in the chair explain what has been going on. I haven’t seen any improvement. He looks me straight in the eye and calmly says I am wrong. I am wrong? Excuse me I’m the one who has been using these antibiotics for the past three months with nothing happening. I don’t understand why they don’t listen. I reckon they get taught key words in their massively extensive university lives. Once you say one of these words it sends them down a world wind trail of their own. It could be this? It could be that? You never receive a straight answer. I for one never receive a straight answer.

I had the pleasure of undergoing surgery. The hospital staff were the nicest people you could ever meet but I seriously have to question their medical knowledge. As soon as I had woken up, the physiotherapist insisted on showing me exercises I would have to do to aid my recovery. Happy with what I had been told, waiting to be discharged a nurse comes over and tells me that I shouldn’t do them as it could increase the chances of the original injury reoccurring. Nice job!

No comments: