Friday 14 March 2008

Blogger

Some of you might have noticed that for this blog we have been using Blogger. And it's absolutely rubbish. Whilst I agree that it is a very easy program to use and ideal for bloggers who are new, but for people who have been blogging for a while it is starting to grate.

For one, everytime a picture is included in the post or a list or a video, the space between the text shortens in comparision to the text before it. This might be nit-pickity to some but it looks really unprofessional and annoying. Other issues include pictures that didn't appear (on Tuesday, a picture on the post regarding baby names refused to work alltogether. And some of the default skins are absolutely hideous! The worst of these is one called Dots. Quite frankly it makes me want to destroy things in a violent rage. I also am getting sick of my blog being associated with Google.

There are many alternatives out there that now surpass Blogger in what they can do for the blog creator. One such blog engine is Wordpress. This summer I will be looking to move my own blog onto Wordpress because it just looks better. Take such example blogs like A Reminder and Twelve Major Chords for example. It makes Blogger look like a weakling.

If there is one thing that Blogger does have, it is that it isn't something like LiveJournal. Why I would want to have my blogs on a community that involve loads of slash fiction groups and Doctor Who/David Tennant drooling groups, I don't really know.

No comments: